Pretoria at a glance
Halbe Properties offers various property solutions for those wanting to move to Pretoria East. Nicknamed the Jacaranda City, Pretoria is located in the northern part of Gauteng. The city serves as the Executive Capital of South Africa and due to this it is considered by many as the National Capital. Pretoria is part of the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality.
New municipal structures were put in place all across South Africa in 2000 and the name Tshwane was chosen to represent the Metropolitan Municipality that includes Pretoria and surrounds. There has been talk of changing Pretoria's name to match that of the Municipal name but no such change has been made yet and it seems that most people have a good affiliation with the current name.
Pretoria is known for its iconic purple streets during the months of October and November. Jacarandas carpet the streets with their beautiful purple blossoms.
Pretoria is a very large city and is broadly divided into Pretoria East, Pretoria North East, Pretoria North West, Pretoria Central Western, Pretoria South.
If shopping is your thing, Pretoria is definitely the right place. Residents and visitors can choose between a whole range shopping centres, malls and markets. Get your daily dose of retail theraphy at Brooklyn Mall, Menlyn park, Hatfield Plaza, Strijdom Square Market and more.
Attractions in Pretoria
Pretoria has a little something for everyone. Whether you like to learn about history, bond a bit with nature or watch a rugby game, Pretoria has you covered. Some of the main attractions include:
- The Voortrekker Monument is large granite structure that was built to commemorate and honour the efforts of those who were part of the Great Trek.
- Freedom Park commemorates the sacrifices made by South Africans throughout history for the country to emerge as a free nation.
- The National Zoological Gardens is South Africa's largest zoo and the only zoo to be considered a National Zoo. If you have a great sense of adventure and you love nature, this is the perfect place to go.
- The Union Buildings are perfect for those who are interested in architectural masterpieces. It is home to the office of the President of South Africa and is also the official seat of the government of South Africa.
- More attractions in Pretoria
Education in Pretoria
The city offers a wide range of schools to choose from. Pretoria is also home to various academic institutions and is considered one of South Africa's leading academic cities. The main academic institutions include:
Health Care in Pretoria
In terms of health care, Pretoria will not let you down. There are numerous local clinics and health centres to meet all your medical requirements. These include:
- Netcare Pretoria East Hospital
- The Steve Biko Academic Hospital
- Louis Pasteur Hospital
- Zuid-Afrikaans Hospitaal
- More healthcare options
Suburbs in Pretoria East
Alphen Park, Arcadia, Ashley Gardens, Bailey's Muckleneuk, Brooklyn, Brummeria, Clydesdale, Colbyn, Constantia Park, Die Wilgers, Eastwood, Elardus Park,Equestria, Erasmuskloof, Erasmusrand, Faerie Glen, Garsfontein, Groenkloof, Grootfontein, Hatfield, Hazeldean, Hazelwood, Hillcrest, La Montagne, Lydiana, Lynnwood, Lynnwood Glen, Lynnwood Manor, Lynnwood Park, Lynnwood Ridge, Lukasrand, Menlo Park, Menlyn, Meyerspark, Monument Park, Mooikloof, Moreleta Park, Muckleneuk, Murrayfield, Nieuw Muckleneuk, Newlands, Olympus, Pretorius Park, Rietvalleirand, Shere A.H., Silver Lakes, Sterrewag, Sunnyside, Val De Grace, Wapadrand, Waterkloof, Waterkloof Glen, Waterkloof Park, Waterkloof Ridge, Willow Glen, Willow Park Manor, Wingate Park, Woodhill, Woodlands, Zwavelpoort.
Pretoria Property Specialists
The Halbe Properties team consists of skilled agents who can assist with all your property related queries. If you are looking to buy, sell, rent or let in the Pretoria area please contact us.